Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wok's For Dinner: Sausage Zucchini Skillet

I made this meal a few months ago and absolutely loved it, and it didn't fail me again this time around. It freezes really well (I wait until our meal day to make the rice) and is just a nice combination of flavors.

Sausage Zucchini Skillet

Ingredients:
1 lb ground sausage (we prefer mild sausage)
2 large zucchini, chopped (I didn't have zucchini when I made this as a freezer meal so I used summer squash)
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
cooked rice

Directions:
Brown sausage with zucchini and onion in a large skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook an stir until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in tomatoes and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 4-5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated. Serve with rice.

If freezing: Place cooked sausage mixture into a gallon-size freezer bag, squeeze out air, seal, lay flat and freeze. Thaw 24 hours in refrigerator and sausage mixture in microwave. Serve over cooked rice.

This was sooooo good! My daughter surprised me yet again by eating all her supper and asking for more. Hubs even gave me a super drippy sad puppy face and, holding out his plate, said, "Please, sir, may I have another?" as though he were Oliver Twist or something! It always feels good to get such compliments about supper from the family. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts