And so the holiday season truly begins...I'm looking at the calendar for the next 6 weeks and I am absolutely flabbergasted. We will be BUSY! Not that I'm complaining. We like having our annual holiday traditions (some of them listed below) and making memories for our children. But it's times like this when I could take 2 or 3 weeks off from work so I'll at least have time to relax! :)
Here's our menu plan for this week. As always, I'll post recipes throughout the week, so keep checking in. :)
Monday--Ham Jambalaya, Rice, Sugar Snap Peas (from the garden)
Mondays are our weekly "Family Home Evening" (FHE), where we have special activities and lessons with the kids. Our activity/lesson will be about giving thanks, and we'll read a few new books the kids got about Thanksgiving Day.
Tuesday--Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy, Squash (from the garden), Homemade Applesauce
Hubs and the kids will pick me up from work so we can go to the downtown Christmas lighting celebration. The entire event is free, and kids can get a picture with Santa Claus. The Grinch is also known to make an appearance. There's hot chocolate & apple cider, crafts to make "reindeer food," and horse-drawn trolley rides. We'll eat supper when we get home.
Wednesday--Meatless Sicilian Supper, Oranges
Pie baking night! That's my task for tomorrow's dinner, so I know what I'll be doing until the wee hours of the night. Even my husband helps out. He makes a crazy good apple pie! Believe me, it's good! It's my aunt's recipe, which hubs has perfected. And he's not even comfortable making macaroni & cheese on the stove! But he does a good job on the pie. I'll be making pumpkin and pecan pies. Both come out fantastic every time. My mom was the best pie maker of all time. I wish that I had been smart and hunted down her recipes before she passed away.
Thursday--Thanksgiving at the in-laws'!
Friday--Cobb Style Chicken Sandwiches, Cucumbers (from the garden), Carrots, Celery
Black Friday. Normally, I do the crazy morning shopping, but I'm not interested in it this year. I'll be shopping tomorrow, so I'll give my husband the opportunity to go out, and I'll stay home with the kids for a change.
This day has become a traditional girls' out all-day shopping day. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law and I, and this year my aunt-in-law and cousin-in-law will all head to Fayetteville for shopping at craft stores--JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby and A.C. Moore (we don't have these stores in our area). Then the guys and kids will drive to Fayetteville and meet us to watch The Heart of Christmas Show.
Sunday--Hamburger Vegetable Soup, Crackers, Pears
Finally, a day of rest!
For all the best menu plan options, visit OrgJunkie.com!
- ► 2010 (216)
- From Mommy To Mom
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/30-12/6/09
- Wok's For Dinner: Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: Cobb-Style Chicken Sandwiches
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatless Sicilian Supper
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- And the winner is...
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- Out of Stock? How About a Rain Check?
- Bargain Buy
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham Jambalaya
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Divan
- Softsoap Nutri Serums Giveaway: It's not too late!...
- Menu Plan Monday--11/23-11/29/09
- It's A Date!
- A Frugal-Minded Husband
- Money-Wise: Using Bulk Meat
- Homemade Chicken Broth
- GIVEAWAY!! Softsoap Nutri Serums
- Leftovers ~ Schmeftovers
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Pork Chops With Apple Slic...
- Coupon Myths: From All You
- November OAMM Freezer Meal Day Recap
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamy Beef Over Noodles
- The 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine
- Menu Plan Monday: 11/16-11/22
- Walgreens Rocks!
- Wok's For Dinner: Meatloaf Pie
- Wok's For Dinner: Pork and Broccoli Risotto
- The Healing Power of Nature
- Wok's For Dinner: Mexican Chicken Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Sausage Zucchini Skillet
- Wok's For Dinner: Chunky Picadillo Chili Wraps
- Wok's For Dinner: Orange Pepper Steak
- November OAMM Menu
- Menu Plan Monday--11/9-11/15/09
- Target Rocks!
- I've Been Dumped!
- Freezer Meals Time Savers: Getting Ready
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Baked Chicken
- Wok's For Dinner: Smokin' Grilled Pork Chops
- Cheap Family Fun: A Train Ride
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- Freezing Peas & Green Beans
- Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Parsley Dumplings
- Wok's For Dinner: Greek Lemon Chicken
- Menu Plan Monday--11/2-11/8/09
- ▼ November (47)