Sunday, February 7, 2010

Spectacular Sides: Squash


Many, many years ago, my aunt shared with me her recipe for making squash. There are a lot of recipes out there, but my mom always did the same thing when I was growing up--boil the squash, sprinkle on a little salt & pepper, and that is about it. So I wasn't really exposed to the many ways of preparing squash, and I wasn't a big fan of squash until trying my aunt's recipe.

To liven up your squash side dish recipe, add a little dill. It will totally change your squash's flavor. When I serve squash, I usually prepare it this way. Hubs wasn't a squash fan--at all--when we were first married, but he loves it prepared this way, and he's grown to like squash a lot more with the various other ways that I have prepared it.

Squash

Ingredients:
1-2 medium-size summer squash and/or zucchini squash, sliced thin
water
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp dill weed

Directions:
Plash squash in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and boil softly for 5-7 minutes or until squash is tender. Drain. Stir in butter and dill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts