Did you get any snow this past week? We were loaded with 5 inches and loved every minute of it! But the sun is warm out here in Eastern NC, and immediately started melting away the snow soon after we woke up Saturday morning.
We've got a very busy week ahead of us. Menu Plan Monday will be our life-line to help us plan our meals. And since I've started serving on our church's Young Women's (adolescent youth girls) Presidency, hubs has taken over preparing the meals on Tuesday evenings. What a great guy! He even offered to help out on those nights, so I could still eat with my family right after work before going to Mutual night for the Young Women.
Here's the menu plan for this week. I've really tried to take into consideration our activities during the evening.
Monday--Rosemary Turkey Breasts, Yellow Saffron Rice, Peas, Dinner Rolls
This is our weekly "Family Home Evening" or FHE night. We'll be planting seeds in little jiffy pots to get a head-start on the growing season. Hubs bought a really cheap greenhouse for me last Summer. It looks like a green metal storage rack with about 5 or 6 shelves and has a clear plastic covering. We'll store the jiffy pots in the little greenhouse during the day and see how it works during the cold weather.
Tuesday--Crockpot Mexican Breakfast Casserole
I have a meeting at church shortly after work, plus Mutual Night for Young Women's. Hubs will be playing "meals on wheels" and will make this meal, then bring some of it to me as soon as I get off work. I'll eat it either before leaving work, or as soon as I get to my meeting.
Wednesday--Venison Stroganoff Sandwiches, Garlic Oven Fries, Celery & Carrot Sticks
Hubs's turn to have a meeting at church. The stroganoff is a freezer meal and won't take long to heat up. I think I'll ask hubs to get the fries going by peeling & cutting the potatoes, and I'll finish them up when I get home.
Thursday--Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza, Garlic Green Beans, Sliced Apples
Another meeting for me at church in the evening (told you it was a busy week!). This time it will be for the adult women. We are doing a service project and making hygiene kits. Light refreshments will be served, which isn't exactly a full-course meal. So I'll ask hubs to get this meal started for me so I won't have as much to do when I get home, and I'll still be able to eat with the family.
Friday--Mushroom Turkey Tetrazzini, Oranges
Saturday--Herbed Turkey Breasts, Grunner Bohnensalat (German Green Bean Salad)
My once a month cooking day!!
Breakfast: Banana Muffins
Dinner: Taco Soup, Sweet Corn Bread, Squash
For hundreds of great menu plans & recipes, visit OrgJunkie.com!
- Wok's For Dinner: Albondigas (Porcupines)
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/1-3/7/10
- Tip O' Me Hat To: Val's Junk Drawer
- Snapfish: Save 30% on Pics of Your Pet
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamed Chicken & Biscuits
- A Better Breakfast: Banana Muffins
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Breasts Dijon
- Earn Free Stuff At My Coke Rewards
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 7
- Spectacular Sides: Gruner Bohnensalat (Green Bean ...
- Menu Plan Monday--2/22-2/28/10
- Squeezing Water From Spinach
- February Freezer Meal Recap
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- After A Long, Hard Day's work
- Shopping From Your Food Storage
- Wok's For Dinner: Crock-pot Mexican Breakfast Cass...
- Food Storage Stockpile: Don't Forget the Dentist
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison Stroganoff Sandwiches
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 6
- Wok's For Dinner: Rosemary Turkey Breast
- Menu Plan Monday: 2/15-2/21/10
- A Better Breakfast: Corn Cakes
- Wok's For Dinner: Potato Pizza
- Spectacular Sides: Garlic Oven Fries
- February OAMM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Goulash
- I Never Thought I'd See The Day
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Medallions
- Wok's For Dinner: Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
- First Birthday Party Invite
- I Think This Is Progress...
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Lasagna Casserole
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 5
- Spectacular Sides: Squash
- Menu Plan Monday--2/8-2/14/10
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiche...
- A Better Breakfast: Arme Ritter (Poor Knight Fritt...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie
- Freebies for Me (and hubs too!)
- Wok's For Dinner: Thai Venison Burritos
- Return & Report: My Goals for 2010 Update
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 4
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Potato Soup for the Crockp...
- ▼ February (49)