You probably heard me say before that my husband does not like my Beef Stroganoff. No matter how it's prepared. Period. That is, with one exception--he likes it as a sandwich. I made Beef Stroganoff Sandwiches once before, long before starting this blog. I used my tried & true Beef Stroganoff recipe that I love, except I put it on a bun. Although he did not "love" it, he liked it enough that he said he would eat it that way again. And with the 30lbs of ground venison hubs brought home this Fall after hunting season, I figured it was worth trying some venison meat using the same stroganoff recipe, served on buns, of course (to make hubs happy). He thoroughly surpirsed me by preparing tonight's meal--heating up the stroganoff in a skillet, peeling, slicing, seasoning & baking potatoes to make Garlic Oven Fries. What a guy!
Venison Stroganoff Sandwiches
1 lb ground venison (you can use ground beef, ground turkey, etc.)
1 medium onion, chopped
salt & pepper, to taste
1 can (4oz) mushroom stems & pieces
1 can (10.75oz) cream of mushroom
1 cup sour cream
Brown ground venison and onion in skillet at medium-high heat and add salt to taste. Drain grease. Return to skillet, reduce heat and add soup and mushrooms. Heat about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
If freezing: Cook as directed, but do not add sour cream. After cooling down, place in freezer bag, squeeze out air, seal & freeze. Thaw 24 hours in fridge. Heat in skillet or saucepan for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve on hamburger buns with a slice of cheese.
- Wok's For Dinner: Albondigas (Porcupines)
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/1-3/7/10
- Tip O' Me Hat To: Val's Junk Drawer
- Snapfish: Save 30% on Pics of Your Pet
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamed Chicken & Biscuits
- A Better Breakfast: Banana Muffins
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Breasts Dijon
- Earn Free Stuff At My Coke Rewards
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 7
- Spectacular Sides: Gruner Bohnensalat (Green Bean ...
- Menu Plan Monday--2/22-2/28/10
- Squeezing Water From Spinach
- February Freezer Meal Recap
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- After A Long, Hard Day's work
- Shopping From Your Food Storage
- Wok's For Dinner: Crock-pot Mexican Breakfast Cass...
- Food Storage Stockpile: Don't Forget the Dentist
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison Stroganoff Sandwiches
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 6
- Wok's For Dinner: Rosemary Turkey Breast
- Menu Plan Monday: 2/15-2/21/10
- A Better Breakfast: Corn Cakes
- Wok's For Dinner: Potato Pizza
- Spectacular Sides: Garlic Oven Fries
- February OAMM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Goulash
- I Never Thought I'd See The Day
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Medallions
- Wok's For Dinner: Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
- First Birthday Party Invite
- I Think This Is Progress...
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Lasagna Casserole
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 5
- Spectacular Sides: Squash
- Menu Plan Monday--2/8-2/14/10
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiche...
- A Better Breakfast: Arme Ritter (Poor Knight Fritt...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie
- Freebies for Me (and hubs too!)
- Wok's For Dinner: Thai Venison Burritos
- Return & Report: My Goals for 2010 Update
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 4
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Potato Soup for the Crockp...
- ▼ February (49)