Monday, February 15, 2010

Wok's For Dinner: Rosemary Turkey Breast

I found this recipe in the Taste of Home: Thanksgiving Holiday cookbook; I think it was 2008. I found the recipe at the Taste of Home website, which is a good thing because I misplaced the holiday cookbook! That could have spelled disaster because then I wouldn't have been able to post the recipe. ;) Thankfully, I found the recipe online and I can share it with you. This was a freezer meal for us, so it was just a matter of heating & serving. The recipe below explains how I made it.

Rosemary Turkey Breasts

Ingredients:
1/2 cooked, turkey breast, bones removed & discarded
2 garlic cloves
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Directions:
To help save me some time on my January freezer meal cooking day, hubs took the turkey we had and fried it up for me. Saved me the hassle of baking a whole turkey in the oven. You can prepare your turkey breast any which way you like--your choice. Or you could substitute 1 whole chicken breast instead of turkey. Remove the cooked turkey breast (or chicken) from the turkey bones and put in a freezer bag. Put remaining ingredients into a small food processor, and process until garlic cloves are coarsely chopped; add blended ingredients to freezer bag with turkey. Squeeze out as much air as you can from the bag, seal it up and put it in the freezer. Allow to thaw 24 hours in the fridge. The seasonings and oil will act as a marinade and blend with the meat's own natural joices while it's thawing in the fridge. Heat turkey breast with marinade on a plate in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts