After last week's hectic pace, I'm really thankful that this week will be relatively quiet. I was taking a little inventory at some of my goals for this year, and realized that I am way behind accomplishing what I want to do in 2010. Not that I've given up completely and thrown my goals list out the door. No way! I still want to work on them, it's just taking much longer than I would like. The kitchen remodel is still going on, and that definitely set me back. Not just on the kitchen, but on other rooms that I want to organize and straighten out. For example, we got the kitchen & living room decluttered last week due to friends coming over for dinner, but then I couldn't work on the bedrooms because they got cluttered up with paint and construction stuff (hubs decided that the bedrooms were the perfect"hiding" spot for these items).
So this will, I will re-evaluate my goals yet again, and try to come up with a game plan on when and how I will accomplish the tasks, projects, goals, etc., that I have in mind for this year. As long as our weeks stay relatively quiet (haha, that's a good one! Weeks like this are rare), we'll see how it goes. :)
Here's the plan for this week. Recipes will continue to be posted throughout the week.
Monday--Pork Roast w/Plum Sauce, Mixed Vegetables, Oranges
Mondays are our weekly "Family Home Evening" or FHE night. Each member of the family has a special responsibility as we gather together to have a special spiritual lesson and fun activity. A couple week ago, I had intended on doing gardening stuff by planting some seeds to put in our new greenhouse on our deck, but hubs and the kids ganged up on me and we played board games instead. Then last week was the kids' school dinner auction. However, hubs agreed that we need to get crackin' if we're to get our garden ready, so we will definitely go through our seed inventory and start planting some that we'll let grow in the greenhouse & then transplant once the risk of frost is gone.
Tuesday--Grilled Brats, Cantaloupe, Green Beans
I have a meeting at church this evening, for the Young Women's (adolescent teenage girls' program) Mutual night. I am one of the leaders in the organization. Hubs has taken on the responsibility of preparing Tuesday dinner each week, so this was about as simple a meal as I could expect from him. We have a chance of snow/rain mix this evening, so there's a high possibility that hubs will change his mind and make something else for dinner.
Wednesday--Taco Soup, Sweet Corn Bread
I've pushed this meal back over & over for various reasons. We're supposed to have a really chilly night, so soup should be perfect. And it won't be much longer that we'll be having sauna-like weather, so I better take the opportunity now to make soup while I can before it gets too warm and my hubbie complains at the thought of having soup for supper!
Thursday--Trout Au Gratin, Sugar Snap Peas, Carrots
Friday--Rustic Stuffed Potatoes, Corn
We were supposed to have this last week, but got pushed back because I went scrapbooking.
Saturday--Kraut Bierocks, Carrot & Raisin Salad
Breakfast: Chocolate Buttermilk Muffins
Dinner: Chicken Angel Hair Pasta, Zucchini Squash
Hundreds of menu plan options are available at OrgJunkie.com--click here to see!
- Wok's For Dinner: Albondigas (Porcupines)
- Menu Plan Monday: 3/1-3/7/10
- Tip O' Me Hat To: Val's Junk Drawer
- Snapfish: Save 30% on Pics of Your Pet
- Wok's For Dinner: Creamed Chicken & Biscuits
- A Better Breakfast: Banana Muffins
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Breasts Dijon
- Earn Free Stuff At My Coke Rewards
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 7
- Spectacular Sides: Gruner Bohnensalat (Green Bean ...
- Menu Plan Monday--2/22-2/28/10
- Squeezing Water From Spinach
- February Freezer Meal Recap
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
- After A Long, Hard Day's work
- Shopping From Your Food Storage
- Wok's For Dinner: Crock-pot Mexican Breakfast Cass...
- Food Storage Stockpile: Don't Forget the Dentist
- Wok's For Dinner: Venison Stroganoff Sandwiches
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 6
- Wok's For Dinner: Rosemary Turkey Breast
- Menu Plan Monday: 2/15-2/21/10
- A Better Breakfast: Corn Cakes
- Wok's For Dinner: Potato Pizza
- Spectacular Sides: Garlic Oven Fries
- February OAMM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Goulash
- I Never Thought I'd See The Day
- Wok's For Dinner: Beef Medallions
- Wok's For Dinner: Crispy Mustard Pork Chops
- First Birthday Party Invite
- I Think This Is Progress...
- Bargain Buys
- Wok's For Dinner: Lasagna Casserole
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 5
- Spectacular Sides: Squash
- Menu Plan Monday--2/8-2/14/10
- Wok's For Dinner: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiche...
- A Better Breakfast: Arme Ritter (Poor Knight Fritt...
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie
- Freebies for Me (and hubs too!)
- Wok's For Dinner: Thai Venison Burritos
- Return & Report: My Goals for 2010 Update
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 4
- Wok's For Dinner: Rice Casserole
- Wok's For Dinner: Baked Potato Soup for the Crockp...
- ▼ February (49)