Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bargain Buy: Potatoes!

I did a lot of shopping today. The kids went with me this morning, then we met hubs for lunch. He took them for the afternoon while I completed my shopping. I went to what felt like a ton of places (I did more than just grocery shop) and managed to snag a lot of good deals. There was one paricularly awesome deal that I could not pass up and had to share with everyone--potatoes!!

Food Lion:

Food Lion has 10lb bags of russet potatoes on sale for $2.88/bag. I don't think that I have EVER seen potatoes that cheap!! At least, not 10lb bags of potatoes that cheap! The sale runs through Tuesday, 1/5/10, so you have plenty of time to grab a bag if you have a Food Lion near you. Make sure to weigh out a few bags and keep the heaviest bag--you'll get more for your money that way. It may say "10lb" but may actually weigh more like 10.5 or 11lbs.

2 comments:

  1. I bought a 10 lb bag at Kroger today for $2.77 and I was so excited! There's so much you can do with potatoes to make meals and help stretch meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet another reason why this town needs a Kroger! I could have saved an additional 11 cents! lol

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts