Monday, January 25, 2010

Wok's For Dinner: Honey BBQ Chicken Thighs

I have this recipe in the "appetizer" section of a family cookbook that I put together many years ago. It's supposed to be a wings recipe, but I thought it would work out good for some chicken thighs that I had. To make this into an easy freezer meal, I separated the chicken meat from the bones after they finished cooking (this helps it fit in the freezer better).

Honey BBQ Wings

Ingredients:
1- 1/2 lbs chicken legs or wings
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/8 cup honey
1 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
hot sauce (Texas Pete, Tabasco, your choice), to taste, optional

Directions:
Rinse chicken and pat dry. If using wings, cut off & discard wing tips, then cut each wing at joint to make two sections. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or on high 2-2 1/2 hours.

These are really, really good, even off the bone. Makes me want to go cook up some wings right now just thinking about it. If you noticed in the picture, there wasn't a whole lot of sauce on my chicken. I'm watching what I eat, so I opted for the flavor but less sauce. Still tasted good. :)

3 comments:

  1. This recipe came at a great time, I need to do an hourdervee dinner tomorrow night for my family of 4 and 3 of our grandkids coming over after school until AWANA's at 6. I am thinking I will just use cut up frozen breast tenders then place on toothpicks 4 serving?? This sounds so yummy, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good idea. I think it'll work out good for you.

    BTW, my nieces go to Awanas. Great program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious. I feel like I always make chicken the same.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts