Sunday, January 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: 1/4-1/10/10


Well, here we are! The holidays are over, and it's the start of the first full week of the new year. Our calendar for January is starting to get full with activities. I told my husband that, in my mind, 2010 is already halfway over. Not literally, of course, but I'm already mentally planning everything that's coming up (Valentine's, then there's hubs' and my 9th wedding anniversary, the anniversary of this blog, our son's 6th birthday, my birthday, my husband's birthday...I could go on & on!). Too much! :-)

Here's the supper meal plan for this week. I'm using mostly freezer meals, including two crock-pot meals that I converted into freezer meals. I'll post recipes throughout the week.

Monday--Hot Pork Sandwich W/Gravy, Tossed Salad, Baby Broccoli With Garlic
Mondays are our weekly "Family Home Evening" or FHE night. We have a special family activity, often focusing on spiritual principles. We sing songs, read from the scriptures, have a spiritual thought and activity, followed with a dessert. Each member of the family is in charge of something. The kids always look forward to our weekly FHE night, and they take their individual responsibility very seriously. They definitely don't let me forget each little step! On this night, we will have a family counsel meeting, setting our goals for 2010. I've already written mine up, which I'll post later. But I like to have the kids--and my husband, too--write out their own goals at the beginning of the year so we can support and encourage each other. The kids' goals tend to focus on principles such as sharing with each other, playing nicely, etc.

Tuesday--Chicken Fajitas with sautee'd onion & bell pepper, Zucchini, Homemade Spanish Rice
Hubs may have a meeting this evening. He has to make a phone call to confirm it.

Wednesday--Saucy Scalloped Potatoes, Apples, Carrots
Hubs definitely has a meeting this evening. He will be filling in for someone at church who can't make a meeting.

Thursday--Shredded Beef Sandwiches, Fruit Salad
Hubs has yet another meeting this evening, this time for the elders' quorum presidency meeting. I really don't mind when he has his meetings. It gives me the opportunity to work on projects around the house. I plan on putting away Christmas decorations on the evenings that he has meetings this week.

Friday--Taco Soup, Corn Muffins

Saturday--South of the Border Lasagna, Celery Sticks, Cantaloupe

Sunday--Ham It Up White Bean Soup, Garlic Green Beans, Cantaloupe

For hundreds of menu plan options, visit OrgJunkie.com!

2 comments:

Previous Posts