Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wok's For Dinner: Mu Shu Pork

I have to admit, this is one of my favorite meals. I have found it to be a definite "no fail" meal--it always turns out good! And it's really versatile. You can mix & match the vegetables, add seasonings, take out seasonings. The original recipe calls for mushrooms and carrots, but I didn't have any so I omitted them. And it was still great!

Mu Shu Pork

Ingredients:
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cooked broth from pork
1 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp garlic powder
8 oz pork, cooled, pulled in shreds
flour tortillas

Directions:
Scramble eggs in nonstick skillet, stirring 1-2 minutes until eggs are set. Transfer to a bowl. Heat oil in skillet and cook cabbage 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and golden. Stir in sliced green onions and cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in pork broth, ground ginger and garlic powder. Heat to a soft boil; add cooked shredded pork. Heat through, stirring to loosen any brown its from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in scrambled eggs, then spread pork mixture over tortillas and serve taco-style.

If freezing: I haven't tried freezing the whole prepared recipe yet. The way I made this a freezer meal is by freezing the cooked pork. I took a large pork roast, stuck it in a large pot of water on the stove and boiled it. When it was done, I cut the pork roast up into sections for 3 different meals. For this meal, I shredded the pork with two forks, then placed the shredded pork into a freezer bag. To thaw, I placed it on a plate in the fridge and allowed it to thaw in there for 24 hours, then prepared the meal as directed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts