I have to admit, this is one of my favorite meals. I have found it to be a definite "no fail" meal--it always turns out good! And it's really versatile. You can mix & match the vegetables, add seasonings, take out seasonings. The original recipe calls for mushrooms and carrots, but I didn't have any so I omitted them. And it was still great!
Mu Shu Pork
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cooked broth from pork
1 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp garlic powder
8 oz pork, cooled, pulled in shreds
Scramble eggs in nonstick skillet, stirring 1-2 minutes until eggs are set. Transfer to a bowl. Heat oil in skillet and cook cabbage 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender and golden. Stir in sliced green onions and cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in pork broth, ground ginger and garlic powder. Heat to a soft boil; add cooked shredded pork. Heat through, stirring to loosen any brown its from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in scrambled eggs, then spread pork mixture over tortillas and serve taco-style.
If freezing: I haven't tried freezing the whole prepared recipe yet. The way I made this a freezer meal is by freezing the cooked pork. I took a large pork roast, stuck it in a large pot of water on the stove and boiled it. When it was done, I cut the pork roast up into sections for 3 different meals. For this meal, I shredded the pork with two forks, then placed the shredded pork into a freezer bag. To thaw, I placed it on a plate in the fridge and allowed it to thaw in there for 24 hours, then prepared the meal as directed above.
- Menu Plan Monday: 2/1-2/7/10
- Spectacular Sides: Pistachio Salad
- Cooking With Food Storage Made Eas
- Conversions & Substitutions: Emergency Substitutes...
- Out of the Office
- Game Day Recipes & Hot Coupons At Kraft!
- Spectacular Sides: Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Fleischpflanzl
- Wok's For Dinner: Crock-pot Chicken & Vegetables
- When Life Gives You Lemons
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 3
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Spectacular Sides: Sautee'd Apples
- Menu Plan Monday: 1/25-1/31/1
- Spectacular Sides: Peppered Cottage Cheese
- Wok's For Dinner: Cuban Pork & Black Bean Soup
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Freebies For Me
- Wok's For Dinner: Kielbasa Sausage & Red Beans & R...
- Wok's For Dinner: Cornish Hens in Sour Cream
- Wok's For Dinner: Frito Pie
- Creating More Storage to the Kitchen
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 2
- Wok's For Dinner: Hungarian Cabbage Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Rice L'Orange
- Menu Plan Moday: 1/18-1/24/10
- Bargain Buy: Bulk Meat Purchase
- Remodel & Declutter--A Twofer!
- Wok's For Dinner: Mu Shu Pork
- Wok's For Dinner: Sloppy Joes
- Shop Your Way Rewards
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 1
- Spectacular Sides: Garlic Green Beans
- Wok's For Dinner: One Pot Chicken Dinner
- Free Book Download: Maximize Your Mornings
- January OAMM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Menu Plan Monday--1/11-1/17/10
- The Goody Bag
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham It Up White Bean Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: South of the Border Lasagna
- Food Storage...Where Do I Put It?
- Shelf Life: How Long Is This Stuff Supposed To Las...
- Return & Report: My 2010 Goals
- Kmart Smart Assist Program
- Wok's For Dinner: Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Long-Term Food Storage: $5/Week Budget
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
- The Goody Bag
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- My Goals for the New Year
- Wok's For Dinner: Chili Cups
- Menu Plan Monday: 1/4-1/10/10
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Pa...
- Bargain Buy: Potatoes!
- The Goody Bag
- Bargain Buy: Soup, Bread & More
- Black-Eyed Peas For Luck
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- ▼ January (59)