Friday, January 1, 2010

Bargain Buy: Soup, Bread & More

I snagged a couple deals today. I've got more shopping to do, but the kids were extremely cranky from staying up to watch the ball drop at their grandparents' house, so hubs and I made today's shopping trip a short one, and I'll just finish up tomorrow.

Here's a few items that I managed to pick up:

Target:
Soups, soups, soups!! Campbell's Chunky soups were on sale for $1.50 each. I had three $1.50/3 coupons, so I picked up 9 cans of soup. Just in time, too, because all 3 coupons expired today. Actual price after coupons was $1 each! These soups will work out nicely for my 72-hour kit supplies, especially since the soups expire in 2011. I'll just rotate them out into our every day storage next year when I restart going through my 72-hour kit supply list again with the new year.

Bread around here usually hovers in the $2 range. But Target has Market Pantry bread on sale for $1.09 per loaf. I really, really, really wanted to take every loaf on the shelf, about 20 loaves, but there just isn't enough room in the freezer for that many. So I settled for two loaves. One to use now, and the other in the freezer for later.

Michael's:
Yes, I did snag a bargain at Michael's, the arts & crafts store. I needed a new calendar for 2010, but I wasn't impressed with the slim pickin's at Target (which were nearly $5 each!). Michael's, however, had a huge selection and their calendars were just $1 each. To make the deal even sweeter, my mother-in-law had given me a Michael's internet coupon for 25% off any regular priced purchase, so I got this Funny Farm calendar for just $0.75 ($0.81 after sales tax). It's not marked up now since I just got it this evening, but this calendar will soon be jam-packed with birthdays, happenings, chore schedules (it helps me to have little reminders on my calendar for chores that I don't do very often, like dust and sweep), and lots more.

Have you snagged any deals recently? If so, please post a comment below and share your own bargain buys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts