UPDATE: I got in a hurry to get this posted last nght & completely forgot to add Sunday morning breakfast. Oops! I've added it now...see below.
Wow, wow, wow, the month is half-over! Can you believe it? Time really, really flies! And today I was asked to be the Young Women's (youth ministry for the girls age 12-18) Secretary at church, which means I'll be even busier than I ever imagined possible. It's gonna get interesting! But hubs has offered his full support AND he even offered go cook supper on Tuesday nights when I will have Mutual Night with the Young Women. *gasp!!* Hubs cooking? The last time that happened, I was pregnant with our 2nd child, and that was in 2006! Ain't no way I'm going to turn down that offer, especially since he also offered to stick to my freezer meal plan instead of whipping up something like hot dogs or macaroni & cheese, but there was one catch. The freezer meal has to be really simple and easy. I guess I can live with that. :)
Here's what's on the menu plan this week. I normally don't plan anything for breakfasts & lunches. Most days, breakfast consists of cereal, yogurt, toast, or maybe the occasional leftover pancake if I made some on the weekend. Our church is now meeting at 1pm on Sunday afternoon, which means I have plenty of time to make a breakfast or brunch that day. So I've decided to a least plan Sunday morning breakfast each week. Lunches are usually sandwiches for the kids, hot pockets or something similar for hubs, and leftovers or sandwiches for me. On rare occasions, I'll make tuna fish salad, chicken noodle soup, or ravioli on the weekend.
Monday--Hungarian Cabbage Stew, Crackers (this was supposed to be our meal tonight but got pushed back one day)
Monday evenings are our weekly "Family Home Evening" (FHE). We'll be taking about manners, taking turns and sharing, and practicing scenarios for what we've talked about. For the most part, the kids play well together. We still find them getting on each other's nerves and at each other's throats, so this will be a real good reminder of our desire for them to play nicely and do their best to get along.
Tuesday--Frito Pie with Picadillo Chili, Cream Corn, Orange-Cottage Cheese Salad
Young Women's Mutual night for me, so hubs gets to prepare supper! If he's done by the time I get home from work, then we'll all eat together before I leave for Mutual; otherwise, I'll eat when I get home from that.
Wednesday--Cornish Hens in Sour Cream, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Thursday--Kielbasa Sausage & Red Beans & Rice, Vegetables Sicily, Sautee'd Apples
Friday--Cuban Pork and Black Bean Soup, Dinner Rolls
Saturday--Honey BBQ Chicken Thighs, Pistachio Salad, Garlic Oven Fries
My Once A Month Mom freezer meal cooking extravaganza day!! I have a really full freezer menu planned, so it will be a long day for me, but very rewarding by the time I'm done.
Breakfast--Sweet Potato Waffles
Dinner:--Taco Soup, Sweet Corn Bread
We'll be feeding the missionaries of our church this evening. This evening also happens to be the NFC Championship game, and hubs' favorite team (the Vikings) are playing. I cooked up the meat ahead of time, so I'll stick the other ingredients in the slow cooker before we go to church and set the timer for it to kick on about an hour before we come home. When we get home, I'll just stir in the meat and allow it to heat through while I make the corn bread. Assuming everything goes as planned, we'll be able to eat and take the missionaries back home in time for the pregame show.
For hundreds of menu plan ideas, helps & recipes, visit OrgJunkie.com!
- Menu Plan Monday: 2/1-2/7/10
- Spectacular Sides: Pistachio Salad
- Cooking With Food Storage Made Eas
- Conversions & Substitutions: Emergency Substitutes...
- Out of the Office
- Game Day Recipes & Hot Coupons At Kraft!
- Spectacular Sides: Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Fleischpflanzl
- Wok's For Dinner: Crock-pot Chicken & Vegetables
- When Life Gives You Lemons
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 3
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Spectacular Sides: Sautee'd Apples
- Menu Plan Monday: 1/25-1/31/1
- Spectacular Sides: Peppered Cottage Cheese
- Wok's For Dinner: Cuban Pork & Black Bean Soup
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Freebies For Me
- Wok's For Dinner: Kielbasa Sausage & Red Beans & R...
- Wok's For Dinner: Cornish Hens in Sour Cream
- Wok's For Dinner: Frito Pie
- Creating More Storage to the Kitchen
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 2
- Wok's For Dinner: Hungarian Cabbage Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Rice L'Orange
- Menu Plan Moday: 1/18-1/24/10
- Bargain Buy: Bulk Meat Purchase
- Remodel & Declutter--A Twofer!
- Wok's For Dinner: Mu Shu Pork
- Wok's For Dinner: Sloppy Joes
- Shop Your Way Rewards
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 1
- Spectacular Sides: Garlic Green Beans
- Wok's For Dinner: One Pot Chicken Dinner
- Free Book Download: Maximize Your Mornings
- January OAMM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Menu Plan Monday--1/11-1/17/10
- The Goody Bag
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham It Up White Bean Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: South of the Border Lasagna
- Food Storage...Where Do I Put It?
- Shelf Life: How Long Is This Stuff Supposed To Las...
- Return & Report: My 2010 Goals
- Kmart Smart Assist Program
- Wok's For Dinner: Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Long-Term Food Storage: $5/Week Budget
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
- The Goody Bag
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- My Goals for the New Year
- Wok's For Dinner: Chili Cups
- Menu Plan Monday: 1/4-1/10/10
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Pa...
- Bargain Buy: Potatoes!
- The Goody Bag
- Bargain Buy: Soup, Bread & More
- Black-Eyed Peas For Luck
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- ▼ January (59)