Sunday, January 17, 2010

Menu Plan Moday: 1/18-1/24/10

UPDATE: I got in a hurry to get this posted last nght & completely forgot to add Sunday morning breakfast. Oops! I've added it now...see below.

Wow, wow, wow, the month is half-over! Can you believe it? Time really, really flies! And today I was asked to be the Young Women's (youth ministry for the girls age 12-18) Secretary at church, which means I'll be even busier than I ever imagined possible. It's gonna get interesting! But hubs has offered his full support AND he even offered go cook supper on Tuesday nights when I will have Mutual Night with the Young Women. *gasp!!* Hubs cooking? The last time that happened, I was pregnant with our 2nd child, and that was in 2006! Ain't no way I'm going to turn down that offer, especially since he also offered to stick to my freezer meal plan instead of whipping up something like hot dogs or macaroni & cheese, but there was one catch. The freezer meal has to be really simple and easy. I guess I can live with that. :)

Here's what's on the menu plan this week. I normally don't plan anything for breakfasts & lunches. Most days, breakfast consists of cereal, yogurt, toast, or maybe the occasional leftover pancake if I made some on the weekend. Our church is now meeting at 1pm on Sunday afternoon, which means I have plenty of time to make a breakfast or brunch that day. So I've decided to a least plan Sunday morning breakfast each week. Lunches are usually sandwiches for the kids, hot pockets or something similar for hubs, and leftovers or sandwiches for me. On rare occasions, I'll make tuna fish salad, chicken noodle soup, or ravioli on the weekend.

Monday--Hungarian Cabbage Stew, Crackers (this was supposed to be our meal tonight but got pushed back one day)
Monday evenings are our weekly "Family Home Evening" (FHE). We'll be taking about manners, taking turns and sharing, and practicing scenarios for what we've talked about. For the most part, the kids play well together. We still find them getting on each other's nerves and at each other's throats, so this will be a real good reminder of our desire for them to play nicely and do their best to get along.

Tuesday--Frito Pie with Picadillo Chili, Cream Corn, Orange-Cottage Cheese Salad
Young Women's Mutual night for me, so hubs gets to prepare supper! If he's done by the time I get home from work, then we'll all eat together before I leave for Mutual; otherwise, I'll eat when I get home from that.

Wednesday--Cornish Hens in Sour Cream, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans

Thursday--Kielbasa Sausage & Red Beans & Rice, Vegetables Sicily, Sautee'd Apples

Friday--Cuban Pork and Black Bean Soup, Dinner Rolls

Saturday--Honey BBQ Chicken Thighs, Pistachio Salad, Garlic Oven Fries
My Once A Month Mom freezer meal cooking extravaganza day!! I have a really full freezer menu planned, so it will be a long day for me, but very rewarding by the time I'm done.

Sunday--
Breakfast--Sweet Potato Waffles
Dinner:--Taco Soup, Sweet Corn Bread
We'll be feeding the missionaries of our church this evening. This evening also happens to be the NFC Championship game, and hubs' favorite team (the Vikings) are playing. I cooked up the meat ahead of time, so I'll stick the other ingredients in the slow cooker before we go to church and set the timer for it to kick on about an hour before we come home. When we get home, I'll just stir in the meat and allow it to heat through while I make the corn bread. Assuming everything goes as planned, we'll be able to eat and take the missionaries back home in time for the pregame show.

For hundreds of menu plan ideas, helps & recipes, visit OrgJunkie.com!


3 comments:

  1. MmMMMMmm honey bbq chicken sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new appointment!

    Yummy menu plan. I know your family will enjoy it!

    Well, I got to get back to watching "Young & the Restless" online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that you could watch soaps online. Hubs watches some of his favorite evening time programming on Hulu, but I never thought that soaps would be there too. I think the last time that I watched Y&R was when I was in high school, a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts