Saturday, January 30, 2010

Spectacular Sides: Pistachio Salad

Ha. I'm looking at this picture and I'm reminded of The Blob. Thankfully, this blob did not grow inside and digest people! It tastes rather good, actually!

Pistachio Salad

Ingredients:
1 pkg instant pistachio pudding (you could use another flavor like banana, vanilla, or chocolate)
1 tub (12oz) whipped topping
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
Using a wire whisk, mix pudding with whipped topping in a large bowl. Fold in nuts. Serve & enjoy!

This is also really good with a 20oz can of crushed pineapple (in pineapple juice) mixed in. I didn't have any, so I made do without, and it still tasted great. The kids, of course, loved it!

2 comments:

  1. We make this with the pineapple and call it Watergate Salad. It is delicious and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandma used to make that, she added mini marshmallows...we called it green fluff.

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts