Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wok's For Dinner: Frito Pie

I love this kind of meal, and having this meal was a rare treat for me. I grew up on Frito Pie in my hometown, but I really don't remember having it after I went off to college. It's super easy, very versatile, and delicious!

Frito Pie

Ingredients:
Fritos corn chips
chili (your choice; I used Picadillo Chili, recipe here, except I omitted the tomatoes & green chiles and used black beans instead of navy beans)
Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives...you decide! :)

Directions:
Place Fritos in bottom of a bowl. Cover with hot chili. Top with your favorite toppings. Serve and enjoy!

Wow, wow, wow, this really brought back some memories. Everyone loved it, especially Little Miss who kept going, "Mmmmm, I love it, I love it!" Really warms the heart. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts