Sunday, January 31, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: 2/1-2/7/10

I'm back! And I am absolutely exhausted. I took a very long nap this afternoon, so long that I didn't even make supper. The kids had marshmallows, granola bars, raisins and pudding for supper, and hubs is munching on chips right now. Not anywhere close to being a nutritious meal, but what can you do? I totally failed to follow my menu plan for last week, so a few of the meals below are repeats. Now that I've gotten the long scrapbooking weekend over (I completed 75 12x12 pages--woohoo!), I can get back into the swing of things and a normal routine.

Here's what is on our menu for this week. I'll post recipes throughout the week, so check back often.

Monday--Baked Potato Soup for the Crockpot, Dinner Rolls
This is our weekly "Family Home Evening" or FHE night. We're having "Haircuts and Bubblebaths." The kids will get a haircut and a bubble bath afterwards. My daughter got a homemade bubble bath kit, so we'll mix up some of it for her to use in her bath. I'll also cut my hubbie's hair, but he'll probably just have a shower afterwards. :)

Tuesday--Rice Casserole, Pears, Vegetables Sicily
Hubs gets to put supper together since I'll need to leave early to go to Mutual, the Young Women's weekly activity at church. That is, if the weather holds up. We are undergoing very icy conditions right now. Our road is terrible, and there's no telling what I'll wake up to and when I'll be back to make it in to work (I'm thinking I'll have to go in late). We're due for rain on Tuesday, which will freeze over the snow and ice we have right now. It'll be an interesting week.

Wednesday--Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, Oranges, Squash
Hubs has a meeting at church this evening, so my plan is to get this meal whipped up and served before he has to leave. If it's not ready, he'll eat when he gets home. The nice thing about freezer meals is that we know what we're supposed to eat each night, assuming I stick to the menu plan. Before I started planning my meals, we played the "what's for dinner" game nearly every day. If hubs had a meeting or worked late, he would stop at a fast food place on his way home, which meant we spent more on food and eating out, and food would go to waste because it didn't all get eaten up. Anyhow, thank goodness for freezer meals!

Thursday--Thai Venison Burritos, Celery Sticks, White Rice

Friday--Chicken Pot Pie

Saturday--Potato Pizza, Green Beans

Sunday--Breakfast: Arme Ritter (German Poor Knight Fritters, which are kind of like French Toast); Supper: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, Garlic Oven Fries, Fruit Salad

For hundreds of menu plan options, visit OrgJunkie.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts