I'm back! And I am absolutely exhausted. I took a very long nap this afternoon, so long that I didn't even make supper. The kids had marshmallows, granola bars, raisins and pudding for supper, and hubs is munching on chips right now. Not anywhere close to being a nutritious meal, but what can you do? I totally failed to follow my menu plan for last week, so a few of the meals below are repeats. Now that I've gotten the long scrapbooking weekend over (I completed 75 12x12 pages--woohoo!), I can get back into the swing of things and a normal routine.
Here's what is on our menu for this week. I'll post recipes throughout the week, so check back often.
Monday--Baked Potato Soup for the Crockpot, Dinner Rolls
This is our weekly "Family Home Evening" or FHE night. We're having "Haircuts and Bubblebaths." The kids will get a haircut and a bubble bath afterwards. My daughter got a homemade bubble bath kit, so we'll mix up some of it for her to use in her bath. I'll also cut my hubbie's hair, but he'll probably just have a shower afterwards. :)
Tuesday--Rice Casserole, Pears, Vegetables Sicily
Hubs gets to put supper together since I'll need to leave early to go to Mutual, the Young Women's weekly activity at church. That is, if the weather holds up. We are undergoing very icy conditions right now. Our road is terrible, and there's no telling what I'll wake up to and when I'll be back to make it in to work (I'm thinking I'll have to go in late). We're due for rain on Tuesday, which will freeze over the snow and ice we have right now. It'll be an interesting week.
Wednesday--Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, Oranges, Squash
Hubs has a meeting at church this evening, so my plan is to get this meal whipped up and served before he has to leave. If it's not ready, he'll eat when he gets home. The nice thing about freezer meals is that we know what we're supposed to eat each night, assuming I stick to the menu plan. Before I started planning my meals, we played the "what's for dinner" game nearly every day. If hubs had a meeting or worked late, he would stop at a fast food place on his way home, which meant we spent more on food and eating out, and food would go to waste because it didn't all get eaten up. Anyhow, thank goodness for freezer meals!
Thursday--Thai Venison Burritos, Celery Sticks, White Rice
Friday--Chicken Pot Pie
Saturday--Potato Pizza, Green Beans
Sunday--Breakfast: Arme Ritter (German Poor Knight Fritters, which are kind of like French Toast); Supper: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches, Garlic Oven Fries, Fruit Salad
For hundreds of menu plan options, visit OrgJunkie.com!
- Menu Plan Monday: 2/1-2/7/10
- Spectacular Sides: Pistachio Salad
- Cooking With Food Storage Made Eas
- Conversions & Substitutions: Emergency Substitutes...
- Out of the Office
- Game Day Recipes & Hot Coupons At Kraft!
- Spectacular Sides: Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Wok's For Dinner: Fleischpflanzl
- Wok's For Dinner: Crock-pot Chicken & Vegetables
- When Life Gives You Lemons
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 3
- Wok's For Dinner: Honey BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Spectacular Sides: Sautee'd Apples
- Menu Plan Monday: 1/25-1/31/1
- Spectacular Sides: Peppered Cottage Cheese
- Wok's For Dinner: Cuban Pork & Black Bean Soup
- Friday Night = Date Night
- Freebies For Me
- Wok's For Dinner: Kielbasa Sausage & Red Beans & R...
- Wok's For Dinner: Cornish Hens in Sour Cream
- Wok's For Dinner: Frito Pie
- Creating More Storage to the Kitchen
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 2
- Wok's For Dinner: Hungarian Cabbage Stew
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Rice L'Orange
- Menu Plan Moday: 1/18-1/24/10
- Bargain Buy: Bulk Meat Purchase
- Remodel & Declutter--A Twofer!
- Wok's For Dinner: Mu Shu Pork
- Wok's For Dinner: Sloppy Joes
- Shop Your Way Rewards
- To-Do Tuesday: Week 1
- Spectacular Sides: Garlic Green Beans
- Wok's For Dinner: One Pot Chicken Dinner
- Free Book Download: Maximize Your Mornings
- January OAMM Menu
- Wok's For Dinner: Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
- Menu Plan Monday--1/11-1/17/10
- The Goody Bag
- Wok's For Dinner: Ham It Up White Bean Soup
- Wok's For Dinner: South of the Border Lasagna
- Food Storage...Where Do I Put It?
- Shelf Life: How Long Is This Stuff Supposed To Las...
- Return & Report: My 2010 Goals
- Kmart Smart Assist Program
- Wok's For Dinner: Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Long-Term Food Storage: $5/Week Budget
- Wok's For Dinner: Saucy Scalloped Potatoes
- The Goody Bag
- Wok's For Dinner: Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
- My Goals for the New Year
- Wok's For Dinner: Chili Cups
- Menu Plan Monday: 1/4-1/10/10
- Wok's For Dinner: Chicken & Vegetable Stew With Pa...
- Bargain Buy: Potatoes!
- The Goody Bag
- Bargain Buy: Soup, Bread & More
- Black-Eyed Peas For Luck
- Wok's For Dinner: Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
- ▼ January (59)