Sunday, January 24, 2010

Spectacular Sides: Sautee'd Apples

I found this particular recipe a year or so ago at Startsampling.com and it's been a hit with the family every time. These apples are just as good, if not better, than the restaurants that serve a similar side dish.

Here's my version:

Sautee'd Apples

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
4 large apples - peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick (I use any kind of apple--granny smith, red delicious...whatever I have on-hand)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
1/4 cup brown sugar (original recipe says 1/2 cup, but I prefer to cut it in half)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add apples. Cook, stirring constantly, until apples are almost tender, about 6 to 7 minutes.

Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to skillet.

Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat and serve warm.


3 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a recipe like this. I can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy I can't wait to try it as well. Maybe my picky guy would try these since they have a sugar sauce LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone will love these apples!

    ReplyDelete

Previous Posts