Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wok's For Dinner: Sloppy Joes



It's been an awfully long time since I made this particular version of Sloppy Joes. I've had Barbecues and Barbecued Sloppy Joes, which are definitely similar. This recipe is nice because you can make it on the stove or in the slow cooker, although I suppose they could all be made in the slow cooker.

Sloppy Joes

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tbsp mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder

Directions:
Brown ground beef in skillet; drain fat. Put in s3-qt low cooker and add the remaining ingredients; stir. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 2-3 hours. To prepare on the stove: place cooked grown beef into a saucepan and stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15-30 minutes.

If freezing: Place prepared sloppy joes into a freezer bag. Squeeze out the air, seal, and lay flat in the freezer. Thaw 24 hours in the refrigerator. Heat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.

When I heated up the sloppy joes, believe me when I say that they smelled soooo good! I thought I was going to drool right over the pan. Hubs ate more than his fair share, and the kids gobbled up their sloppy joes. I managed to hold back (trying to watch what I eat) and didn't overdo it, but it was definitely tempting!
This post is linked to Dining With Debbie's Crock Pot Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts